Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Your Face ♥ Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup & Shine Control Powder



I like to use compact makeup.  I’m not a fan of liquid foundation because it’s too messy for me.  I find that it gets all over the place and tiny dots end up on my shirt.  I’m not a fan of ruined clothing so compact makeup it is!  I really wanted to try Neutrogena’s new Shine Control Powder and the store was having a buy one, get one half off so I also decided to try Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Compact Makeup.  I’m actually super happy with the Healthy Skin Compact Makeup because it’s a great alternative to the MAC foundation I normally use.  The coverage isn’t quite as good as the MAC foundation, but it’s a lot cheaper and would be a great option for everyday use.  Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Compact Makeup retails for $13.99 at the store where I shopped.  This means paying full price you can get two for less than a single MAC Studio Tech foundation which retails for $30.  And if you get the Neutrogena makeup on sale you can get it for even less.  I purchased the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup in Nude, it was slightly lighter than my MAC Studio Tech foundation in NC30, but it’s a great match for me.  I can’t even tell you how excited I was about this… I find it ridiculously hard to match foundation at drug stores.  I have wasted so much money trying to find a drug store match that I had pretty given up on it.  So I’m happy to have a less expensive, but decent alternative to my MAC foundation.  The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup also has SPF 55.  This is a positive and a negative.  I think it makes the consistency of the make up a bit oiler than I would like, but you are getting extra sun protection which is good.  I also think it won’t photograph as well.  I know from past experience that sun screen makes you look all washed out in photos. 
♥♥♥♥= love isn’t perfect, but this practically is

I was also pretty impressed with the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder.  It definitely absorbs oil and cuts back on your shine.  It is NOT however invisible… you do have to blend it in.  I’m a little tan because of my Navajo heritage and the powder looks white on me.  It is definitely shine busting though!  And I really like the black packaging.  It’s a good looking powder.
♥♥♥= pretty fabulous

2 comments:

Popular Posts