Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Facial Moisturizer, anti-residue shampoo

I picked up Caramance facial moisturizer at Ulta.  It was only $2 on clearance.  I read a model's autobiography years ago and she recommended using a facial moisturizer like this, especially when traveling.  The model said flying can dry out your skin and a light water mist can make all the difference.  So I thought why not give it a whirl?  Especially at clearance prices.

And I have to say, it was kind of awesome!  It's basically just a light water mist over your face.  It feels very luxurious.  And supposedly it doesn't mess up your make-up... it doesn't do much damage... but I certainly wouldn't use it right before a photo session.  It does give you a really youthful, dewy, glowing look... so if that's something you are going for, definitely give it a try!  And it's just kind of fun.  And who doesn't want a little fun in their day and to feel a bit like a super model!

I also forced the product on my friend and fellow blogger Sarah.  She wasn't so sure, but afterwards she did agree...
"My skin feels really nice." --Sarah


Neutrogena's the anti-residue shampoo

I headed to the aisles of my local super store in search of a clarifying shampoo.  I don't know exactly what has gotten into my hair, but it has some build-up that just won't go away.  Gross!  I know there is probably something where it's because I wash my hair everyday and that's really bad for it and if I just stopped shampooing completely it would be perfect or something... BUT that's not happening.  I like my hair to be clean.

I tend to be very partial toward Neutrogena products so I was so happy when I found this shampoo that seemed to be exactly what I needed.  "Instantly removes over 90% of dulling residue."  And I would say that's pretty spot on.  I washed my hair with this shampoo twice (this is normal for me) and it definitely got rid of a A LOT of the build up in my hair.  Did it get rid of everything?  No.  But did it get rid of about 90%, I would say yes.

I didn't read the fine print on the shampoo before I purchased, but it does have specific instructions to use once a week to make your favorite shampoo work better.  I'm guessing it's probably to harsh or would strip you hair to use it more than once a week, but I'm crossing my fingers--this seems like it going to help out a lot.  I think I still need to find this "favorite shampoo" they refer to, but at least I can get rid of some of that build-up!  I'll let you know about a couple weeks of use how it's going with the anti-residue shampoo.

I hope you enjoyed my 2 little product reviews!  Have a wonderful weekend honeybees.
XOXO
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. https://ahoneylust.blogspot.com/2014/03/new-hair-do-trail-blazers.html?showComment=1530084240421#c6815732253879325419

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts