Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

NW Travels ♥ Quinault Rain Forest

I have always wanted to visit a rain forest and I finally accomplished my goal.  How is that for starting out 2013, right?  We have a rain forest in the Pacific Northwest and it's just 3.5 hours North of Portland, Oregon.  The Quinault Rain Forest is part of the Olympic National Forest in Washington.  The forest receives an average of 12 feet of rain per year.  It might not be exactly what I imagined when I planned to journey to the "rainforest" but it is quite beautiful!  So green and lush.  And even better it's a great weekend trip.  You don't even have to use up your precious vacation time.  Save that for a big trip!

We also went to lunch at a fabulous lodge.  I had some yummy rainforest fish and chips!  They were delicious and I loved that fact that it had rainforest in the name. :)

Lake Quinault Lodge
345 South Shore Road, Quinault, WA 98575 

It is also home to the largest Sitka Spruce.  It is also claims to be the area with the greatest number of record breaking giant trees in the smallest area of the world.
I was visiting my longtime friend and her husband.  They have an adorable house that stays toasty warm due to an awesome fire place.  They live in Fawn Lake... appropriately named... check out this deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts