Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

♥ Lessons from Driving School

I was pulled over by a cop for speeding, cops like to pull me over... I blame the red car.  But I had a nice cop who let me go to high risk driving school.  And surprisingly, it was the inspirational and educational thing I have done in months!  I really think it should be mandatory and everyone should go.  I learned a lot about trauma, but I was really touched by three speakers who came to our class, each who had sustained a traumatic brain injury.  It's not very often that we stop to appreciate what we have, but after meeting and hearing the stories from people who have overcome so much simply to be able to talk and walk, it's truly life altering.

Tyler Presnell was particularly moving.  He was in a car accident when he was 14 and lost his short term memory, but do you know what he does?  He is a motivation speaker.  He does this and he can't even remember what he did the day before.

He speaks with authority and you can't help but agree with him after everything he has been through.  He told me (and everyone) that we need to work harder and decide what we want to do with our lives.  Time is a precious commodity and don't waste it.

1 comment:

  1. The driving school is the only way for you to officially and legally learn how to drive and at the same time also receive the right to be a driver. However before you attend a driving school you have to take into careful consideration several aspects that may help you in your journey towards the driver's license and at the same time assist you in choosing the proper driving school.

    Driving Schools A to Z

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts