Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

At the cinema ❤ Snow White and the Huntsman

I finally saw it with my lovely friend Julie.  I thought this movie looked amazing (especially Charlize Theron as the evil queen).
And indeed she was fabulous.  The acting, the costumes, everything.  The storyline brought more depth to the evil queen than the traditional snow white story.  You actually got to see how the evil queen came to be.


I also enjoyed some of the beautiful scenery in the movie.  It was definitely nice to see the forests on the big screen.


And Kristen Stewart... Love her?  Hate her?  Love to hate her?  I have friends that do it all. I can definitely see the point that it's somewhat unconvincing to have her be the "fairest in the land."  One of my friends at work suggested Megan Cox would have been a great Snow White.  And while Megan Cox certainly has a gorgeous face, I don't think I could ever be convinced she was innocent and pure.  I like that the storyline makes it clear that Snow White is the fairest in the land for her heart, not her face.  And this is a good message for all of us who can get too focused on outward beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Universal has decided to start working on a sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts