Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Gravy in PDX

Gravy time!

Warren and I love a good brunch spot.  The latest place we dined was Gravy in Portland, OR.  Come prepared to wait!  But I'm happy to report that it was worth the wait (about an hour).  There is a cute little Stash Tea shop across the street from the restaurant.  My recommendation?  Put your name on the list (you have to go into the restaurant and literally write your name on the list yourself) and then pop across the street for some tea and a place to hang out while you wait for your table.

Gravy
3957 N Mississippi Ave
Portland, OR 97227
7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.


I had the Fried Chicken & Eggs with the house potatoes.  The fried chicken comes with veggie gravy.  I'm not even sure I've ever had veggie gravy before, but it was AMAZING.  The house potatoes were pretty good, although they did have a weird spice.  They do have egg whites as an option (I've always preferred egg whites), but I would pass on it next time because there was a couple of dollars up charge for egg whites.  Plus, I didn't even eat my expensive egg whites because the chicken was so delicious I could not stop eating it.  The breading was crispy and scrumptious and the chicken was high-quality and tender.  Take away?  Go for the gravy and carnivore items!

Have you ever been to Gravy?  What did you think?

2 comments:

Popular Posts