Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unity ❤ Day 1

Today was the first day of Unity 2012.  It's a journalism conference for minority journalists (or in my case aspiring).  It's also a vacation!  I'm staying at Mandalay Bay.  It's a fabulous hotel from the pretty rooms to the amazing (although packed) pools.




My first session today was on the business of me with Mark Luckie.  It was an inspiring session (everyone can use some inspiration now and then) and had some great tips for my blog and branding.  I found out I need new business cards (minus the lovely hot pink on my current cards). :)


I also got to check out the media and career expo, meet some folks and pick up some goodies.  I only got to spend a few lovely minutes (ok, I'm being dramatic it was more than an hour) at the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts