Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Make It Up

Dramatic brows with powder 

❤ Assemble your supplies!  You will need an angled brow brush and brow comb like this dual ended one.  You will also need brow powder (you can also use eye shadow).

❤ I have dark brown hair and it was super difficult to find a brow powder close to my hair color.  Most of the dark brown brow powders have too much red in the powder (probably better suited for a true brunette).  This is the closest color match that I have been able to find in a brow powder.  It's Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown.  It is available at Sephora for $22.

❤ Here are my brows au natural

❤ Comb your brows toward the top of your forehead

❤ This look was created using only the dark brow powder for a dramatic brow.

❤ Make a line where you want your brow to start.  It should align with the inner corner of your eye.

❤ Next make a line along the top of your brow arch.  I've found that once you have the outline created, it's a lot easier to do the next step.

❤ Finish filling in the rest of your brow using small strokes.

❤ Use the same technique on your other eyebrow.

❤You can use a little clear brow gel to set your brows (optional).  This is definitely an item to buy at the drugstore.  There is no need to buy expensive brow gel.  I purchased Ardell brow gel for less than $5.

It took me a really long time to start doing my brows and I still only do them when I'm getting all dolled up to go out.  I encourage you to get your brows done at a makeup counter and see what you think.  It might seem like a bit much the first time, but it makes a HUGE difference in photographs.  It's true what all the makeup artists says about your eyebrows being the frame for you face.  So don't be afraid to play with a little brow powder and create a dramatic brow for a night out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts